Every day, new note-taking applications appear on the scene.
These applications offer a variety of features, from voice recording capabilities to automatic note organization. Some also come with a variety of sharing options, so you can easily collaborate with other users. There are many options to choose from, so it's important to do your own research to find the one that best fits your needs.
🪄 Official Best Note-Taking Applications
Looking for our official lists of note-taking applications.
✨ Capacities is a note-taking and PKM tool that compares to applications like ‣, it’s available on the web and is great for personal use.
- An interesting approach on “object” based note-taking — a new way to create notes/workspaces around objects, like books, meetings, people and more.
- Capacities does take some learning, but it’s a really great way to manage and organise your notes in an object-based system to create a network of thoughts to revisit and learn from.
- This is gaining plenty of attraction in the productivity space for their Notion-look, with a unique more personal note-taking feel versus Notion’s more database-style look.
✨ Tana is a note and PKM tool, that allows you to turn plain text notes into real objects within your workspace, it compares to the likes of ‣ .
This means creating tasks, projects, todos and more! Tana says you can get rid of other subscriptions and create everything you need here.
- This application does take some time to learn, however so many people love its flexibility and seamless syncing of tasks, notes, calendar events and text.
- Tana is available on the web and is great for both personal use and within teams. If you're working in a team everything inside Tana is synced seamlessly!
- It uses bi-directional linking, and multiple views like tables, boards and multiple screens so you can view more than one thing at the same time.
- Everything you do inside Tana is connected using a graph. No need for folders and intense organisation to keep up. Simply use tags and words to connect your notes.
✨ Notesnook is an open-source, private note-taking application.
It really focuses on keeping your notes, journal and information secure within its no spying and no tracking system. You can even lock your application and hide your notes!
- Sometimes our notes contain sensitive or important information that cannot face the risk of being leaked or seen by someone else.
- Having a super safe and secure application is perfect for maintaining peace of mind, and keeping information stored safely in one place.
- You can use Notesnook offline and sync it to use on all devices.
- Organise your notes using colours, tags and menu shortcuts, Create tables, tasks notes and embeds.
- You can really do pretty much everything you need when ti comes to note-taking here, and keep everything a secret!
Which one do you like the best, or would like to try? 🤔