💡 Want to start using a to-do list to better manage your time?
Microsoft To-Do could be a great place to start.
📚 The Simple, Reliable Microsoft To-Do List Application
Creating a to-do list will help you stay on track with your tasks, events, goals, habits…
Whatever it may be!
However, starting out with the correct to-do list can determine whether you stick with it.
If you are used to writing in a notebook, on the back of your hand, or trusting your memory, using an application will remove the stress of forgetting. Microsoft To-Do is the perfect place to start due to its simplicity, reliability and easy to navigate features.
📝What is Microsoft To-Do?
Microsoft To-Do is, well, exactly what it says on the tin.
A to-do list application! A very easy, non confusing one at that.
There are no real special features to confuse you like many advanced productivity applications.
This is simply a place to write your daily to-dos, set due dates, assign tasks and share lists.
Microsoft To-Do can be used alongside your current Microsoft eco-system, or you can use it on its own. It looks and feels like other Microsoft software, making it easy to get used to.
🎉 Benefits of Using a To-Do List!
Just some benefits of using a To-Do list application like Microsoft To-Do…
- Never forget anything important.
- Have the next day pre-planned, no time for procrastination!
- Visualise how much you need to get done, organise your time around it.
- Sense of achievement when you tick them off.
- Be and feel productive, even if your list has three tasks!
✨ Microsoft To-Do Best Features
Like I’ve said, Microsoft To-Do is a very easy to use to-do list application.
There aren’t many stand-out features, however, you do get everything you would need to plan your day, assign tasks and more.
- My Day - You will receive personalised recommendations to add to your daily routine. Microsoft To-Do will learn from your behaviours and the most common notes to curate this for you.
- Task Details - You can add all the details you'd hoped for with a to-do application. For example, add tags, files, due dates, and steps (subtasks).
- Customisation - Jazz up your space using different coloured themes, icons, and use the ‘sort by’ drop-down to view your to-dos however you'd like.
- Invite Others - Assign tasks to someone in your team, or simply invite friends and family to the application, especially if you're planning a trip or a big event.
- Outlook Tasks Integration - Use Microsoft To-Do without having to leave your Outlook workspace. Easily add tasks to your list whilst working within Outlook.
🎬 How to Get Started With Microsoft To-Do
✨Follow these easy steps to create your first list, and add tasks.
- Download Microsoft To-Do, either from Outlook or through the web. You can also download a mobile version of the app.
- Have a look around, see the different types of lists within the sidebar.
- Click + New List at the bottom.
- Enter a name for the list and click enter.
- Now you can add tasks within this list by clicking Add Task at the bottom of the page.
- Tick tasks when they are complete, or choose to add additional features like due dates, assign to add to my day.
🌿Who is Microsoft To-Do Best Suited For?
✨So, do you think this could be the app for you?
- Those already in the Microsoft ecosystem since it makes the transition easier and all Microsoft apps have a similar look and feel.
- If you are looking for an easy, no fluff to-do list application to plan your days.
- If you need to delegate tasks, share your shopping list, or plan an event, you can do it with To-Do.
- If you want to integrate your applications together to create a seamlessly smooth experience.
💻 Other Helpful Resources
- Microsoft has its own training page ⬇️
Create and share lists
To create a new list, select + New List in your list menu. This will create an untitled list that you can rename. To turn off the sharing link or limit sharing to the list's current members, select the sharing icon to open the sharing menu.
- This article runs you through start to finish, from installing the application to creating tasks. ⬇️
How To Use Microsoft To Do: Microsoft To Do Tutorial
This How to Use Microsoft To Do tutorial is suitable for users of Microsoft To Do Online and Desktop OBJECTIVE Learn how to use Microsoft To Do to create and organize lists. MICROSOFT TO DO EXPLAINED I've always been a big list maker.
- Here’s our beginners guide video! ⬇️