✨Begin Tracking Your Habits with
Habits can be hard to master.
It’s too easy to forget what new habits you're implementing, and it's VERY easy to become unmotivated to continue with them.
Habit tracking is a great way to solidify a new routine and create a happier and healthier lifestyle.
By seeing your progress and physically pressing a button to say 🎉"I did it!”🎉 , you will create habits that stick.
Your chosen habits don't need to be huge, they can be as small as going for a walk, or even reading a book.
Whatever habits you want to create, you can track them with Todoist.
🚀 How to Install Todoist Habit Tracker
Follow these simple steps to install the Habit Tracker feature into your existing Todoist account.
- Open the Todoist application as normal.
- Click Settings > Integrations.
- Head into the Browse section.
- Search for Habit Tracker.
- Click install.
🌿 How to Use Todoist Habit Tracker
Here’s how to use the Todoist Habit Tracker.
- Create a task as normal.
- Click on your task and change the due date to suit your needs.
- Now click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select Track Habit.
Now you have turned this task into a habit!
📝 Here are some other things to note.
- You will now see a timestamp for when the habit was created.
- You will see your current streak, this will change each day once you have completed the habit.
- A new date will show for each completion.
- You can turn your subtasks into habits. For example, create a task called “Morning routine” within the task create subtasks for each step of your routine. Mark them off as you go.
- You will see labels at the side giving you a tick when you complete the task or an x if you miss it. You can remove these in the settings.
✅ Top Tips for Creating Habits
New to creating habits, or keep failing? These top tips will help you stay motivated!
- Start with small achievable habits.
- Increase the habit in even smaller steps.
- Find your inspiration in the form of images, videos, or even someone else.
- Never miss more than two days!
- Give yourself time, you don't need to be perfect right away.
- Celebrate every time you successfully tick the habit box.
Atomic Habits by James Clear is a great book to read to understand the ins and outs of creating new habits, here's a snippet from his website.
How to Build a New Habit: This is Your Strategy Guide
According to researchers at Duke University, habits account for about 40 percent of our behaviors on any given day. 1 Understanding how to build new habits (and how your current ones work) is essential for making progress in your health, your happiness, and your life in general.
❌ How to Remove Todoist Habit Tracker
To remove the habit tracker, simply go back into your settings > Integrations > Habit tracker and click remove!
(Hopefully, you won't need to do this once you start 💪)
Take a look at our super quick walkthrough below! ⬇️