Can’t decide on a task management application?
Two super popular applications to help manage tasks, and more.
Here you will see an overview of each of these applications and how they can help you become more organised and efficient with your tasks, and how they stack up against each other.
📅 Difference: Daily Planner Apps
Both of these applications are daily planner tools.
These differ from task management tools only slightly by offering more hand-holding, planner abilities, better structure and better overall design.
So, with both, you receive the ability to plan your days and weeks using the calendar and manage your tasks alongside this.
A really good combination to help with productivity, and getting things done.
🤺 Head-to-Head Statistics
✅ Akiflow is best for
Akiflow seems like a more advanced task management and calendar application in one.
- You can integrate more applications and use their scheduling feature to plan meetings and share tasks with others.
- Although both applications have a command bar, you can perform more actions within Akiflow, than Routine.
- Akiflow provides a lot of keyboard shortcuts, and options when deciding what to do with your tasks.
- The interface and workflow of Akiflow is a little more advanced, there's a lot going on within the screen when viewing the calendar alongside tasks, however, it does provide you with a great visual of your events, tasks and how to plan your time.
🌞 Routine is best for
Routine is like a simpler version of Akiflow, although it still has a lot of great tools, and will be a great planner application for someone who doesn't need all the confusing stuff.
- If you want to simply be able to drag and drop your tasks into your calendar and plan for the week ahead, this app is great.
- Routine has a ‘pages’ section available for note-taking, journaling, or pretty much anything you'd like to write down. You can add tasks inside these notes too.
- Routine uses a command bar, however, it doesn't have the number of organisation abilities Akiflow has. You can also use the / command to bring up a few options.
- You can choose from 4 integrations within the free version of Routine, however, you cannot use as many integrations as Akiflow.
💡Which One Should I Choose?
If you're still feeling a little stuck here are some brief reasons why you might to choose one over the other…
- Akiflow has more to learn. More keyboard shortcuts, more command rules, and more advanced features - This does then allow you to organise your tasks and calendar further.
- Routine has a simpler approach, you can drag and drop tasks, use some simpler commands, and manage your calendar side by side.
- Akiflow is great for team use due to its scheduling and sharing feature. You can plan and manage meetings within the application.
- Routine is great for personal use, you can view your day from start to finish, giving you a clear outlook on what you need to do.