So you’ve downloaded Todoist and now you're feeling a little stuck.
Starting a new application can seem confusing, however, Todoist is super easy to wrap your head around. Here are some top tips for Todoist beginners that may help you optimise your task management.
👀 What is Todoist?
Todoist is a task management, note-taking, and brain-dumping application that allows you to organise and schedule your tasks.
You can add tasks before they need a due date into the inbox, you can set recurring tasks, and you can even create projects. Oh, and a lot more…
Take a look at our Todoist profile, or have a quick glance! ⬇️
✨Top 20 Todoist Tips!
There are TONS of helpful tips available, here are some you will find useful as a beginner.
- 💡Create a habit! Get into the habit of adding tasks when they pop into your head. You can schedule and organise them later!
- 💡Natural language tool. To easily schedule a task, type in the date and natural language input will do the work!
- 💡Recurring dates. Set recurring dates for ongoing tasks to save time.
- 💡Change due date. Right-click on a task to change the due date if it hasn't been completed.
- 💡Reschedule more than one task. Select multiple tasks to reschedule to avoid doing them one by one.
- 💡Postpone tasks. Today's view shows today's tasks, drag incomplete tasks to the bottom of the page to postpone them.
- 💡Brain dump. The inbox is where you brain-dump all tasks, these have no set dates yet.
- 💡Upcoming view. Upcoming view will show all future tasks.
- 💡See future tasks. Type in a number of days into the quick search bar to see future tasks. For example “in 10 days”.
- 💡Projects. Create projects to manage tasks better.
- 💡Quickly move tasks to projects. Move multiple tasks to a project by clicking and dragging.
- 💡Subtasks. Split bigger tasks into subtasks by dragging them underneath.
- 💡Web-version tip! If using the web version, you can see how many tasks are on a certain date when scheduling a new task.
- 💡Sub-projects. Create sub-projects by clicking and dragging within a page.
- 💡Create templates. Save your most used templates, like lists to easily create a new document.
- 💡Themes. Customise your Todoist with different coloured themes.
- 💡Add to favourites. Pin all important tasks by clicking and adding to favourites.
- 💡Sync your calendar. Sync with your existing calendar for a seamless transition.
- 💡Create labels. Use the @ symbol to create labels for tasks and projects.
- 💡Organise with sections. Organise your projects in sections by dragging and dropping them underneath each other in the sidebar.
More in-depth tips and tricks are available when using
🧠 How Does Todoist Work?
Need a run-through? Here’s how you can get started with Todoist! ⬇️