👀What Are Notion AI Blocks?
Notion has slowly introduced AI features onto its platform. Now, you do have to join a waiting list to receive them, but they're worth the wait.
First, let's talk about blocks, in case you didn't know what they are, or what they mean.
Everything in Notion is composed of blocks. These blocks are used to create everything you see on your page, from headings, images, linked pages, tables and more.
You can always turn these blocks into something else and rearrange blocks on your page.
🧠 Now, what's an AI block?
An AI block is simply a block that uses artificial intelligence. For example, you can use AI assist on existing blocks to help fix spelling and grammar, summarise text, or translate.
📚How to Use Notion AI Blocks
✅ When you finally have access to Notion AI, you will need to enable it:
- Go to settings and members.
- Click Plans or Upgrade if you're using the free version.
- Now click the slider to enable AI.
🎉 Woo Hoo!
🚀 How to use AI in your document:
- Create a whole page from an AI prompt. When you create a new page you will see a little ✨ symbol with different AI assist options, choose one to create your page.
- Use the / command. This works on a page with existing content, use this method to choose “help me write” and more.
- On existing content. - Use the / comment when selecting text or a block to help with spelling, translation or to create a summary.
😎 Cool AI Features in Notion
🌿Here are some cool ways you can use AI assist within Notion.
- Use the Blog Post AI assist to give you a whole blog post from a single sentence…
- Use the Continue Writing assist when hitting the / key near the existing text, this will add more content and detail.
- Translate your text into different languages.
- No more frustrating maths! Give Notion a prompt and wait for it to work it out.
- Ask a question!v - Ask Notion a question and it will find the answer for you.